Gjessinggaard Estate consists of around 600 hectares farmlands and 200 hectares forestry.

Farming
The main crops produced on Gjessinggaard are barley, wheat, triticale, peas, lupin and grass seeds, while new crops are under testing.

Forestry
The forests are composed of 60% deciduous trees such as beech, oak, ash, acorn and alder wood while the remaining 40% is pine forest. The forests are managed environmentally friendly with a natural reproduction and individual felling, in order to benefit the forests’ natural augmentation. There are no chemicals or fertilisers used.

Christmas Trees and Decorative Greenery
There is an important commercial production of Nobilis decorative greenery and Normans pine Christmas trees. There is a yearly production of 40 tons decorative greenery and 15 000 – 20 000 Christmas trees, mainly for export.

Addresses
Count Peter Bernstorff
Gjessinggaard Estates, Tvede, 8900 Randers
Tel: +45 86 44 20 20 Cell: +45 21 75 56 20 Fax: +45 86 44 25 26
e-mail:
peterbernstorff@gjessinggaard.dk

Farm Manager Peter Moeller Petersen
Tel: +45 86 44 15 79 Cell: +45 20 48 04 17
e-mail:
petermoeller@gjessinggaard.dk

 

 

Farming and Forestry